The National Consumer Panel is a joint venture between the two leading market research companies in the US – SymphonyIRI and Nielsen. Members are provided with a handheld scanner to track household purchases within a week. The data collected is then transmitted weekly and used to measure consumer spending behavior.
Unlike regular online surveys, there is no screening out if you do not qualify for a particular survey. Members have a choice to control their level of participation. Those who participate weekly earn gift points redeemable for great prizes and earn entries into their sweepstakes programs. There are also occasional surveys where members can earn extra gift points.
Those who wish to join National Consumer Panel should have a regular phone line to be able to connect the scanner. Cellphones do not apply. You may, however, opt to install the hardware on your computer instead of a phone line.
To see a review of more popular online surveys, you can register for free at SurveyMoneyMachines.com
SURVEY COMPANY DETAILS
• Countries Accepted – USA
• Language – English
• Age group – No age limit (Children below 13 require consent of parent or guardian)
• Gender – No specific gender (per household)
• Type of Research Activities – Scanning of weekly purchases
• Rewards and Incentives – Gift points redeemable for great prizes, Grand Prize Sweepstakes
• Minimum Payout – Redeem points equivalent to corresponding merchandise in the Gift Catalog
• Payment Type – Merchandise, Sweepstakes Rewards
• Accreditation – Better Business Bureau (BBB)
• Cost to join – Free (scanner must be returned upon quitting)
Panel Support Center Hours:
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET
**Please include your nine-digit panelist ID number when e-mailing, or have it handy for the representative when calling.
National Consumer Panel
6800 Jericho Turnpike Suite 102E
Syosset, NY 11791-4401